ImagRefridge

ImagRefridge

Friday, October 15, 2010

Of Effluence and Showers

Scenario 1: You are in the shower. The water is deliciously hot. All your muscles are relaxed, and you are aware of nothing but the intense relaxation washing over your body.
Then some idiot flushes the dunny.
Immediately you are scolded or half frozen to death by the sudden change in water temperature that ensues. Which naturally leads to an unhappy shower. RRAAGGGEE

As a child without a working knowledge of plumbing I often wondered why the water temperature changed in this situation. In my mind I worked out that the shower and the toilet must be connected directly by the pipes. It was the only solution that I could come up with.
Of course, I thought this to be intensely stupid. We invented rocket ships, televisions, and those awesome planes that hang on a string from the ceiling and fly around in circles all day. Which fool decided to connect the crapper and the shower?!?!?!

My tendency to think too much on such things as these caused me to make what I thought to be a startling discovery. If the two were directly related... maybe if you flush the toilet while someone is in the shower... all of your 'business' will come out of the shower head thus covering the unsuspecting victim in a profound ickiness!



This thought tormented me every time I was in the shower. I was constantly afraid that the water would turn smelly and yellow, and I would get covered in someone's pee. It was very terrifying for a small child such as myself!

Then one day I stayed at my grandparent's house while my parents went away. I love my grandparent's because of their incomprehensible awesomness, so I would never wish anything remotely negative upon them. But I made the unfortunate mistake of flushing the toilet when I knew my Grandmother was in the shower.

I was so afraid that all the sewerage from the last few days had some splurted out in a wave of excrement and effluence over my amazing Grandmother! But when she came out of the bathroom she appeared normal. As if no terrible, unmentionables had come into contact with her at all. I told myself that maybe she was just putting on a brave face because she didn't want to embarrass me (my Grandmother IS that awesome). So I kept quiet too.

Of course now I am much wiser in the field of plumbing but a part of me still pushes my muscles to run everytime the shower water suddenly goes cold.



Stay happy!
Jazz :)

No comments:

Post a Comment